Skip to main content

Hello! I haven’t been here in a long time. Hope everyone is well! After the crazy year we had I actually just realized I passed my 10 year j pouch anniversary. Don’t ask me where that time went. My J pouch is still doing awesome and knock wood, I haven’t had a single issue in those 10 years. Right now I am in quarantine waiting for a covid test result to come back.  I have some mild symptoms and my husband is recovering from a confirmed mild case. We’ve been careful but it seems it doesn’t take much right now to catch it.
Be safe everyone!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sure is nice to hear a lot of people are doing well with their J pouch after years of having it done. I'm going to have the second stage  of the j pouch surgery in a little over a month, then the final one after that. Looking so forward to be getting rid of this illesotomy bag thing in a few months! I hope everyone is healthy and happy!

A friend of mine in New York City tested positive for Covid, with symptoms, (apparently got It from going to his local gym), yet his wife managed to avoid catching it from him. She is a very "Nervous Nellie" kind of person and I was thinking she must have been freaked out the whole time. She also has to care for an elderly mother who lives not far away from them. Anyway, glad to hear you are out of the woods. Maybe you developed the antibodies on your own?

Last edited by CTBarrister
@CTBarrister posted:

A friend of mine in New York City tested positive for Covid, with symptoms, (apparently got It from going to his local gym), yet his wife managed to avoid catching it from him. She is a very "Nervous Nellie" kind of person and I was thinking she must have been freaked out the whole time. She also has to care for an elderly mother who lives not far away from them. Anyway, glad to hear you are out of the woods. Maybe you developed the antibodies on your own?

This virus is so strange. We traced my husband getting it from our niece who works for him in his office. Her husband and daughter both got it but their son and her mom who lives with them did not. Myself and our two sons tested negative although we’re still in quarantine.
My husband had a strange and uncommon symptom. An Itchy rash/hives. Just weird. We are thankful it was a mild case.

The guy who manages the cleaning company that cleans our office building and our firm's space had Covid in December.  His only symptom was loss of smell.  He told me, "I knew something was wrong when I couldn't smell Lysol."  He went and got tested, was positive.  His wife and son also tested positive but had no symptoms.

My 83 year old father is scheduled to get his Covid Vaccination on January 24, a Sunday morning at 6 am at a local hospital.  That means an early wake-up call for me on a day when I normally sleep in, because I have to drive him there.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.