Dear Lee-Squire, I've held off writing but now feel compelled. You may have this burning for a month or so more so you must find something to help relieve the pain. IT WILL GET BETTER, I swear/promise. I am on my pouch for 16 years now.
1. You MUST get a bidet or hand held shower to use immediately after going. It will make the greatest difference in your pain and your outlook. Until the small intestines start working like a colon, the stomach bile burns like the dickens !! I was often in the shower every time I went during the night, 1am, 2am, 3am etc.
2. Get a sitz bath at a pharmacy at about $10. I never used the water attachment but sat in it with very warm water after going and every couple hours for pain. It helps with cleaning the area and for hemorrhoids, a fissure, or just raw skin. Until my recent (3 months) bidet purchase, I had a squirt bottle at the toilet and also wet the toilet paper to wipe. Amazon carries a great and reasonable bidet you can install.
3. BRAT diet helps, bananas, rice, apples/applesauce, and tea. Peppermint tea to calm the stomach acid and chamomile tea to help you sleep (double work). I had to reduce sugar but it made the burn worse and this includes soda/pop. Bagels, crackers, even pretzels make a big difference.
4. Put paper & pencil near toliet for you to keep track of BMs and what you ate. I dated the entry, line 1 was the time of BMs, line 2 breakfast food, line3 lunch, line 4 dinner, 5 snacks. After a couple of weeks patterns may be obvious. I became lactose intolerant and I used to have milk with every meal. I cannot tolerate paprika any more. I can't eat my loved Doritos. You will find your weaknesses and they will make you stronger.
5. Probiotics help. When I start to have a flare up, I take 2 instead of 1 per day.
6. Calmoseptine cream was a life saver for me. I get the probiotic and cream at Costco (cheapest). The probiotic is on the shelves, the cream at the pharmacy window.
7. DONT GIVE UP. We have all been there, no lie. IT WILL GET BETTER and you will love life again. But remember, no matter how great your doctor, support of whatever.... You must and will learn how your body reacts to foods, stress,etc. Just carefully pay attention and the pain will become less the sooner you learn.
My very best wishes, and prayers for you and your family. Sorry this was so long.
stay away from Probiotics. they only are intended to work in the large intestine, not the small intestine which is our pouch. Probiotics can lead to SIBO, and you dont want that. This information was told to me by Dr Shen. Green Tea extract is what he suggests