1. What is best for hydration? Read on here water isn't good
2. What foods are ok for now? Just picking couldn't do full meals yet
3. Having 10-11 bm's daily..is that ok? When do you start w bulking agents or just wait
4. Lots of small urges w little output..is that ok?
5. Has anyone started antidepressants b/c of surgeries and not coping well? They put me on celexa in hospital as I never really emotionally accepted any of this and cry uncontrollably all the time..
1)In my mind nothing beats hydration like water. It's all the body needs fluid wise really, drink as much as you can since it also flushes out your body. Try mixing a gatorade half with water, makes it less sugary and you will get the added electrolytes which you could use right now.
2)Well since you had that ileum I'd say stay away from anything to epic for a little while. Simple foods that have agreed with you in the past would be great. Bananas, soup, yogurt, potatoes, marianne has them all down, she knows what's up!
3)10-11 is totally normal for this time, it only gets better. As your pouch expands and gets used to storing, you'll gradually need to empty your pouch less and less. Seems the average bm's for a healthy fully expanded jpouch is anywhere from 4-8 a day, with some more or less. You could always try taking a few imodium throughout the day to slow things down and increase water absorption.
4)That's totally normal as well. You'll notice you'll have less urge to go, and the output will increase with time.
5)I've never personally taken antidepressants before, but I can see why people do. It's a lot to go though, especially for people who are very emotional to begin with. If it helps you feel better emotionally, I'd say they would play an important role in a healthy recovery.