Wondering if anyone else has experienced what my husband is going through. First to bring those not familiar up to speed...….My husband suffered from UC for 9 years and due to high dysplasia had his colon and rectum removed. The first of two surgeries was done on January 30, 2018. Take down was supposed to happen 6-8 weeks later. He is "tentatively" scheduled for his takedown on June 26th. I say tentatively because he has issues with not healing in a very small area between the J-Pouch and anal canal. He underwent a procedure (April 26th) to help in the healing process and as of today is about 90% healed. The surgeon wants him healed 100% before he'll do his takedown.
He is being monitored weekly and as we get closer to the 26th if he's not 100% healed takedown will be postponed for as long as it takes for him to heal. But if it appears that the healing has stalled, the surgery may have to be redone to remove the area that is not healing, pull down some small intestines and hope and wait for it to heal. Once healed he can have his takedown surgery.
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar? Where and how are you today?
Thanks in advance for the replies.