I had a colectomy in January. My surgeon is a really good surgeon. Thing is, because of covid I am not sure if I will be able to complete the rest of my jpouch surgeries with him. I want to complete my jpouch surgeries because my life is on hold right now. My local hospital isn’t scheduling surgery until covid restrictions are released.
I consulted another surgeon at a highly regarded academic institution in case I wanted another surgeon. He has quite a lot of experience creating pouches. I can also schedule the remainder of my surgeries as early as next month.
Has anyone switched surgeons during the process?