Hi all. I haven't needed to post here since I had my surgery four years ago, having had no big issues with my pouch. It hasn't been totally perfect (butt burn is real!) but it's been fine and WAY better than having UC.
Ok, so... a few days ago, I started to have difficulty emptying because it feels like there's something in the way at the connection point. My surgery took out the entire rectum and the connection is way far down, just inside. My issues are:
- Lots of pain when emptying at the connection point. Just barely inside.
- Some blood. More than just the occasional bit. It's both on the paper and in with the stool.
- Feeling like nothing can come out. Takes a long time and forcing myself to relax. What comes out is in small pieces.
From reading here, I think it's either hemorrhoids, a stricture, or a fissure. Of course, it's a holiday weekend so I can't get quick help.
- Would you try to keep things liquid by avoiding fiber? Liquid stool hurts too but maybe that's safer.
- Is there something I can put a little inside that would be safe regardless of what the issue is? Like a cream? I'm afraid to try anything.
- Can the doctor tell what this is with a regular office visit or will I need a test or a scope?
Thank you all for your help. I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road. Please try to keep an optimistic outlook in the replies. I don't want to freak out.