OK, Here goes my boring story. I was dx with IBS in 1973, no Rx. Officially DX with Pan Colitis in the early 80s . Asacol 8-10 tabs as needed, Flares treated successfully with Prednisone 40-30 mg and occassionally Betnovate enemas, periods of remission up to 3 yrs. Biopsy of mild dysplasia 8 yrs ago, surgery discussed, I freaked out, couldnt get my head around it Dr. then said ok to do wait and see approach. Frequent scopes after showed no dysplasia. Last year 3 flares requiring pred. Scope may 22, this yr showed UC lower colon and rectum and diverticulitis. Dr. waiting to see biopsy results to see if bad cells and if UC still shows in entire colon as previous. She has suggested me taking 6-mp and treating flare with cortifoam as it could be enough for lower colon, meaning no more pred as she agrees my use is too long over the yrs. So taken the cortifoam with asacol and added a probiotic last 2 weeks 2x daily, poor bum, and realizing I am requiring prednisone again. Already. I am 52 yrs old my cancer risk is getting higher especially if UC is still in whole colon but even if its not. Heres the Question. Should I have j-pouch surgery now while Im healthy, try the 6-mp..... NOT TOO FOND OF SUUPRESSING MY BONE MARROW, LOOSING MY HAIR FEELING SICK ETC. I am totally FATIGUED now, I am taking 2 naps a day sometimes and early to bed. OR Do I continue doing the treating the flare of UC Pan or lower with Pred, if I opt for that how long do i continue until Im 80 and need a permanent ileo.or die of CRC?
Thanks for the place and time to blah,blah all that out.... Any and all responses will be great! As I am in between UC and possible pouch I have posted on UC sites but not alot of pouchers there, having said that the ones who are have been very possitive. Im just so undecided and probably should just wait patiently for Dr. appt on the 26 but I just am obsessed. THankyou Thankyou