I am 12 years post op and admittedly life has been great for me. I had all the typical adjustment issues, but much better than what I was going through before (30 BMs a day).
I am writing this post because the more I read about Pouchitis the more I am confused. I tried to find a simple explanation of what it is, but all the posts I read talked more about treatments than symptoms.
So I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what is Pouchitis?
My symptoms last 2 weeks...
- Increased pressure (gurgling in gut and pressure at the tail end)
- Slight increase in frequency (5x vs 3x BMs per day)
- Bright read blood in water and on tissue
- Gassy, but that isn't unusual.
- REALLY bad smell, that isn't unusual but worse than normal
Sound like Pouchitis?