Shen is waiting on trying to get fibrin glue to give it one last attempt to fix my tip of j pouch leak that surgery did not fix. He will be using scope to place a large bear claw onthe hole and seal with fibrin glue. Small chance it will work and at this point i am willing to try it. im done with surgery.

i find it funny the Cleveland Clinic cant get ahold of fibrin glue,, its been a month..
Original Post
Poucho,

In my experience, every attempt Dr. Shen made, held for a short time, then created a new branch off my complex fistula as it broke free. I did both bear clamp sizes, glucose, glue, all of it. None worked, fistula spread.

Its not for me to tell you what to do, but no one has had a success with these yet. I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my revision/repair surgery. We will know in the next 3-6 weeks if it worked. If it didn't, we shall see what is next.

My advice, i wouldn't chance it any further.

Best of luck to you sir.

Derek
Its not a fistula he is trying to close, its a hole. he is also working on my sinus with the needle knife procedure that worked after 3 treatments on one end of sinus and is on his 2nd procedure of other end of sinus. If this claw and glue dont work i am done. I will just stay with the ileostomy i have now. wont even think about having the major surgery of taking the pouch out until down the road and am forced to if giving me issues.
dtmack, what kind of revision repair did you have? Shen tried the new endo stitch but failed cuz not flexible enough to get where it needed to go. ended up having surgery and surgeon stitched off the tip of jpouch a few inches below the hole. 6 weeks later went in to shen for my sinus procedure and stated my hole was still there, even after surgery. My intestinal tissue is just weak and it didnt hold. I hate this ostomy bag more than anything but i refuse to have surgery to get the redo. almost killed me 6 years ago. i will not let there be any chance of my 8 and 7 year old daughters lose their father this young.

dealing with a kidney mass now, Ct scan not clear, going for MRI saturday. its only 1cm and its a hypodense indeterminate lesion. My surgeon does not seem concerned but having the test and letting a Urologist look at it.
Poucho,

Full open again. My pouch had expanded a bit, making the removal of the tip much easier. He fully stapled and stitched the tip together, took down my complex fistula , and put me back together.

I told him prior to surgery if he did not feel 90% certain the repair/revision would work, remove it. If a new pouch could be put in, do it. If not, permanent ostomy.

I am almost 3 weeks out and just waiting to see what happens. Very nervous. Can't let myself get to hopeful because i do not want to deal with the disappointment if it fails.

Derek

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×