Hi I hope everyone is well. The other day I was writing down the date (5th sep) and realised 'wow' its been 6 years since my takedown surgery. I had ulcerative pancolitis for 9 month until I stopped responding to meds.
I wanted to share with everyone how it's going.
Btw I spent 2 months out of 9 in hospital during my takedown surgeries as I had the worst time possible with a ostomy.
● I have never had pouchitis
● I've had 3 blockages where my stoma was that lasted 2 days ( 3 summers in a row because I didn't drink enough water )
● I can't pass wind standing up, I have to lay down and roll around. ( I've never spoke to anyone with the ability to pass wind standing up with jpouch )
● I have never took medication and go to the toilet 3 times a day.
● I have been a long distance runner for 4 years and have never had any problems with my j pouch
● It took 5 years for me to learn how to fully empty my pouch without feeling like I need to go back on the toilet immediately after.
I am grateful everyday to the surgeons and nurses who give me a second chance at life 🙏
Any questions I will do my best to answer