I had my takedown at the end of March, so I'm almost 3.5 months out. For the past 2-3 weeks or so I have been noticing small amounts of bleeding occasionally after a BM that have gotten slightly worse in the last few days. Other than this I'm feeling pretty good; no pain, going to the toilet 5-6 times in a 24 hour period, stool is somewhat formed.
I'm worried that the blood is a sign of pouchitis or cuffitis, but since I am not having any other symptoms I'm a bit stumped. Could it be an internal hemorrhoid?
Some things I have noticed:
- The blood is bright to medium red
- The blood is always at the end of a BM, not mixed with the stool. It is literally a few drops of blood running out of my anus (don't ask me how I know this)
- Usually only visible on TP, sometimes a little bit in the toilet
- It seems to get worse (more blood) if I prolong going to the bathroom, almost as if the stool keeps irritating something in there
- It doesn't happen every time I go to the toilet. Maybe 2 times per day
- I do take psyllium in order to bulk up my stool. Perhaps I'm overdoing it?
In short: Small amount of bleeding with no other symptoms. Anyone got any ideas?