Hey guys, I am so thankful for the forum. I'm writing because I'm in desperate need of advice. My J-pouch was done a little over 20 years ago by Dr. Fazio at Cleveland Clinic. What an amazing soul.
Anyways, here is my problem. I'm desperate. I've been unable to get a restful night's sleep. The reason is always the same- the urge to do a number 2. My only problem is I can't go back to sleep. I fear this will continue to effect my job and may even put me in the ground sooner due to the ill effects a lack of sleep can cause.
I'm currently going to sleep at around midnight and waking up at 5 or 530.
What I am looking for is advice from people with J-pouches who have restful nights sleep. To me that's sleeping at least 7 hours which is what I require.
1. When do you normally go to sleep?
2. When do you normally wake up?
3. How refreshed do you feel when you wake up? Do you feel tired?
4. Have you modified your dinner time? For example, do you refuse to eat after 4 PM? (something I'm considering)
5. Do you restrict your dinner choices? If so, why? How?
6. Do you take any supplements or medications (like Gas-X)? If so, what time?
7. What else do you do to not be awoken by the urge to go to the bathroom?