Skip to main content

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks to the day from my takedown surgery. Today was my first day back in the gym in almost 2 years. It felt great. I didn't do much at all but it felt great just to walk in the door again.

Overall things are progressing ok. I go at least 3 times a night but I'm getting used to it. Something about laying down. During the day I can go hours without going but at night I can't for some reason. Overall I guess I shouldn't complain. I probably go around 8 to 12 times in 24 hours but I could go less. A lot of my trips are just preemptive. Like today I went before I went to the gym. I didn't really have to go but I wanted to try to empty before I got in there.

I am eating very clean but I can tolerate just about any food as long as I don't over do it. A slice or 2 of pizza I'm fine. 3 or 4 slices and my night is ruined lol.

My only issue that worries me a bit is I have a slight pain in my tailbone. It comes and goes and it's barely noticeable but it's there. I've read lots of stories on here about people who had problems that started with tailbone pain. Overall I'm not super worried about it just yet. It seems like every time I have a new issue I'm dealing with it goes away and something new starts. Right now I just chalk it up to a new pouch and my body getting used to it.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had tailbone pain, which can be normal early on. But I did end up having cuffutis so just keep an eye on it as you progress. I do pretty good with most foods and can definitely do the 3 or 4 pieces of pizza now at almost 11 months. 🙂 I still don't do a lot of raw veggies but did fine with a small salad with my pasta last night. I'm up once a night usually now, sometimes can be more depending on what I ate. Glad you are feeling pretty good and getting back to doing things you enjoy!

Good to hear your doing well pizza is my nemesis as I ordered one and promised myself to just have two slices but a I had three slices and did alright but the next night I finished the pizza off and suffered all night and told myself never again.its such an easy food to overeat.chocolate gives me bad butt burn as well.

@Kmiller posted:

I had tailbone pain, which can be normal early on. But I did end up having cuffutis so just keep an eye on it as you progress. I do pretty good with most foods and can definitely do the 3 or 4 pieces of pizza now at almost 11 months. 🙂 I still don't do a lot of raw veggies but did fine with a small salad with my pasta last night. I'm up once a night usually now, sometimes can be more depending on what I ate. Glad you are feeling pretty good and getting back to doing things you enjoy!

How did they diagnose you with cuffitis? Did you get a scope?

Jaydog, have you ever thought of doing yoga? I've been thinking it might be an all over mind body exercise. I've watched a few tutorials. Some of it is way more advanced than I think I need not want to go, but it does look like a good workout. It uses alot of core and upper body strength. Anyway just curious. Hope the gum is working out for you.

Aimee

@Aimc posted:

Jaydog, have you ever thought of doing yoga? I've been thinking it might be an all over mind body exercise. I've watched a few tutorials. Some of it is way more advanced than I think I need not want to go, but it does look like a good workout. It uses alot of core and upper body strength. Anyway just curious. Hope the gum is working out for you.

Aimee

Ya I'm always down for any kind of workout. I like lifting weights, biking, running, and swimming. I've never tried yoga but I have a couple buddies who do it and they said it's a fantastic workout.

@Aimc posted:

Aimee

Definitely way safer and helps decrease stress

Congratulations on making it back into the gym...I understand exactly what kind of milestone that is...a step back to normal.

I won't add any warning on the tailbone pain but will give you one on relief (if, in fact, it is not anything serious)...I am madly in love with these cherry pit heat pads...they are both heavy and mobile...come in 2ft long snakes about 6 inches wide...lay it on your bed and lay flat on it...it is instant, drug-free relief. It is wonderful for shoulders, hips, lower back and tail bone...not a cure but certainly relief!

@Former Member posted:

Jaydog how is the gym going?I'm thinking of joining one but I see the new thing is resistance bands that you can attach to doors or garage roofs for very cheap prices.

It's been great. I've always liked lifting. It feels great to be back. Whether you join a gym or do resistance training I would say if you feel good then do it. Working out is great for your body and mind.

I work out 4 days a week for about an hour or hour and a half per workout. For me that's about the only time I'm truly alone. No phone. I'm off the grid just listening to headphones and it's great.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.