Skip to main content

WATER/DRINKS: I drink water: before, during, and after every meal. I drink maybe around 2-3gallons of water a day. I never drank alcohol since my surgeries.

Eating: I eat a lot of oatmeal and yogurt- those are probiotics and prebiotics that are good for us. I chew chew chew and eat slowly to avoid blockages and constipation.

Exercise: I either dance, run, ride my bike, walk, and stretch for at least 30minutes to 1hr- doing less is not as beneficial and doing more can lead to blockages, bowel twists, hernias, etc. So definitely keep exercise sessions no more than 1hr, we j-pouchers/ostomates/pouchers are more delicate. Exercising helps keep things moving in the digestive tract and that helps avoid problems.

How many bms: I am a 9percenter- I have 14bms-20bms everyday, I am very happy with that and I would not change it personally.

After I poop: I use toilet paper and non-fragrance wipes. I go through them like crazy XD

Cleaning butthole: I do not use a wash cloth, ever since I got my surgery, its hurts to use wash cloths; I put soap on fingers and rub it on the butthole and I rub it for a while. I currently use AJAX DISH SOAP, that took care of my itchiness. I use AJAX DISH SOAP on my hair and skin too.

Pouchitis: I never had pouchitis *KNOCK ON MOTHER F#$%^ WOOD!!!*

Medications: I am not taking any medications

Vitamins: I take calcium and vitamin D supplements, I take iron supplements. Sometimes magnesium. I eat vitamin enriched cereals every morning.

Scars: All of my scars are still there. My ostomy/takedown scar is definitely still sunk in.

Complications: I get severe/bad constipation if I overeat, especially two days in a row, I am working on not doing that anymore.

Diet: I have been a ovo-lacto-vegetarian for 5 years, 5 months, 9 days.

Hair growth: Hair grows much slower!!!!

Skin problems: I get dry skin like crazy!!!!

Diet restrictions: I cannot have spicy foods or raisan bran lol.

Charity work: I partnered with the Crohns And Colitis Foundation and I have raised over $5,000 to help find a cure for IBD. My team name is: "NO COLON BUT I AM STRONG". I was the number 1 new team that raised the most money in my district

Meetups: I joined the J-pouch Forum this year and received many thank-yous! That is the only reason I am on here and what keeps me here despite the negativity. IBD did not stop me and the negativity on here for dang sure will not stop me either

Energy: I have a lot of energy but I do get fatigued a lot!!!! And brain fog a lot too!!! I get tired a lot from getting dehydrated and going to the bathroom 14-20X a day but overall I am happy

Would I take a cure: I would not take a cure to change anything because I am proud of who I am and what I have learned as a IBD woman, I probably would not have raised a lot of money for this charity to help make a difference had I not had IBD. I learned I was much stronger than I could possibly imagine by having IBD. I did a survey on this, check it out

J-pouch Name: I named my J-pouch, "The Emerald City Of OZ" after my favorite book. I call her EMMIE for short

**If you have any specific questions, write them down below or personal message me and I will answer anything, nothing is off limits! I love you all and I hope this helps everyone ***

Last edited by Lauren Of Emerald City
Original Post

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.