Skip to main content

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on here in a long time but really wanted to write this for other woman who are worried about getting pregnant or experiencing difficulties during pregnancy. Obviously everyone is different and not everyone will have the same results but I've been extremely lucky. I havent had any issues with my jpouch and I was able to get pregnant without difficulty. I do have to be careful with my fluid intake because too much for me gives me watery stool and makes me dehydrated. I decided to go with a c section only because im so small and dont want to risk tearing or having to deal with inconsistency. I feel like this is the best choice for me after all I've gone through to get to this point of my life health wise. My c section is scheduled for march 11th and Im so excited to meet my first baby! I really hope I will be able to breastfeed but know it might not work since my pouch cant handle to much fluids. Did anyone else have trouble breastfeeding because of not being able to drink a lot?

Good luck to all of you that are pregnant or are wanting to get pregnant!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats!! I actaully have never heard of anyone getting dehyrated from drinking too much, but I suppose if you are drinking too much plain water, this could dilute your system and be a problem. Try juices, water with electrolytes, and broths to get your fluids. Plain water is important too. I did not seem to have issues with hydration and nursing. I did take the Mother's Milk capsules to help boost my supply, but not sure I really needed it. Best of luck to you!
Clz81- Thanks Smiler my body does one extreme to the other if Im not careful with how much I'm drinking. Either I get constipated because of not drinking enough or have diarrhea which makes me dehydrated because of drinking too much. I think youre right, too much dilutes my system. There's a very fine line for me. I only take metamucil and haven't had to take any medication since my take down which i'm so grateful for. I could try lamotil or something but so far im happy with the way things are now. I was on so many drugs for so long while I was sick I hate to think about taking anything right now if I don't absolutely need it. I will look into the mothers milk capsules, thanks! Its encouraging to know you had no issues while nursing!
I just had twins via c-section on feb 6th. I had a few issues with milk supply in the beginning but my OB attributed it to the c-section, not necessarily to dehydration or the j-pouch, etc. This article from kellymom.com states that: “It is widely assumed that milk production requires a high fluid intake on the part of the mother, yet the evidence suggests that lactating women can tolerate a considerable amount of water restriction and that supplemental fluids have little effect on milk volume…"

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/...mom-calories-fluids/

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.