Skip to main content

Hi ladies,

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and everything has been going perfectly (after 11 months of trying). The last week and a half however I've been much more gassy than usual, more frequent and more importantly, I'm having rectal bleeding. It started off as here and there and only small amounts which is normal for me but now it's nearly every time I go with pea-sized clots sometimes. I feel the urge to go and barely go or it's pretty much clear fluid. I also have little appetite and have been throwing every other day or so.

I have an appointment with my GI in May - they are so booked up and that's the soonest they could see me. I went to the ER last night and the doctor (who was amazing) set up a scope for me for this week.

So I'm wondering, have any of you experienced bleeding during pregnancy? Is it possible that the pressure of the baby is affecting my pouch and making it go crazy?

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That could be -- I had both of my pregnancies pre-pouch -- BUT it could also be something simple like internal hemorrhoids. I had these with one pregnancy and bled rectally. Not too much each time, but definitely there.

My appetite also massively slowed down toward the 37-week mark; everyone is different.

VERY good idea to get it checked out; you need to be safe and careful, obviously, but it could be something quite simple.

Best,
Gin

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.