Skip to main content

Hi guys

Long story short...

I have had three funded Ivf attemps
One miscarriage at 8 weeks, one chemical and just had a bfn ;(

Devastated

I have blocked tubes (ambulary blockage ovary end) from jpouch bowel surgery in 2000

I can't afford more Ivf...
Been offered Hycosy..

I want them to unlock my tubes as this is the only reason I can't conceive naturally ;(

Any thoughts??
Original Post
I think it would be misguided to assume that blocked tubes are the "only" reason you can't get pregnant. Many women on this board have at least one tube that's totally clear (I have two, matter of fact) and despite years and years of TTC and fertility treatments, can't get PG. Oftentimes the surgery we've had displaces the ovaries a little bit, or covers them with scar tissue, so even if your tubes are ok, the egg can't get into them because of scar tissue around the ovaries.

We had to pay for IVF out of pocket as it is not covered where I live. It was the best $15K I ever spent as it resulted in my son. And if it hadn't, I would have felt like I did all I could in trying that route. If you've tried it 3x and cannot see going through it again, it might be time to reevaluate. Could you use a surrogate? Is adoption an option? What else do you want to do with the rest of your life if you cannot have children in it?

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.