Skip to main content

After making my own 24 hour yogurt for two decades, I was so happy to find a 24 hour fermentation yogurt at Whole Foods this week. The only ingriedents are Organic grade A pasturized milk and live cultures: L Acidophilus, L Bulgaricus, S Thermophilus,  and B Bifidum.

It's Organic Bulgarian Yogurt Probiotic from White Mountain, Austin Texas.

Life just got a whole lot eaiser!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It says refreshing tart flavor in the description on the bottle but it doesn't taste as tart as some batches I've made.

So far I've mixed it plain with bananas, walnuts and pecans and also mixed a jar of it with pureed fresh blueberries and a little honey.

I'm just so happy I don't have to make it anymore. I truly believe it's the one thing that has kept pouchitis at bay. I believe it even more so now because they haven't been stocking my yogurt starter in the grocery store anymore. I will only use plain yogurt as starter (nothing more than milk and bugs) so haven't been able to make my own for a couple of week.

Started getting than old, yucky feeling again after 17 years. But then I found this and after only a few days, I'm almost completely back to normal.

If you try it, let me know how you like it.

I'm lactose intolerant and wish I could eat yogurt.  They do have a lactose free by Yoplait but it has more sugar.  I can only take probiotic vitamins. If u know any lactose free  yogurt that is good let me know.  Thanks

So happy u found something, making everything from scratch is so time consuming.  I make almost all of my food by scratch but when I find something good  and I can tolerate I say Hallelujah.  

Lauren of Emerald City: No Alcohol

TF: The whole point of making 24 hour fermented yogurt is it takes that long for all the lactose to be used up. Lactose intolerant people can eat it.

Andreita: The store bought yogurt does taste different. I'm guessing maybe because it is made with whole milk, so a lot more fat in it. Thinking about going back to making my own again for that reason. I did find the Dannon Whole Milk yogurt I usually use in the next town over from me. I use 1/2 cup of that for yogurt starter to 1/2 galllon of 1% milk. Nice to know the other is there when I run into grocery store stock problems. Not thrilled about going back to making my own but I do love the taste of mine and lower fat and calories.

TF: It's time consuming, but well worth it, especially for people with pouchitis problems needing to replace the good bacteria that antibiotics have killed. For people in that position it's important to eat it at least 3 times a day until you're past the problem. Probably should be making a gallon of it at a time if you have the equipment to do it.

Let us know If you make it and how you like it. Just remember you need it to uncubate 24 hours if your system can't tolerate lactose.

@Roni* posted:

Lauren of Emerald City: No Alcohol

TF: The whole point of making 24 hour fermented yogurt is it takes that long for all the lactose to be used up. Lactose intolerant people can eat it.

Andreita: The store bought yogurt does taste different. I'm guessing maybe because it is made with whole milk, so a lot more fat in it. Thinking about going back to making my own again for that reason. I did find the Dannon Whole Milk yogurt I usually use in the next town over from me. I use 1/2 cup of that for yogurt starter to 1/2 galllon of 1% milk. Nice to know the other is there when I run into grocery store stock problems. Not thrilled about going back to making my own but I do love the taste of mine and lower fat and calories.

TF: It's time consuming, but well worth it, especially for people with pouchitis problems needing to replace the good bacteria that antibiotics have killed. For people in that position it's important to eat it at least 3 times a day until you're past the problem. Probably should be making a gallon of it at a time if you have the equipment to do it.

Let us know If you make it and how you like it. Just remember you need it to uncubate 24 hours if your system can't tolerate lactose.

Perfect

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.