Skip to main content

Fellow Pouchers,

I have been scarce on the site and I apologize. Seems like I come around in spurts anymore, but I miss the discussion and camaraderie for sure. Of course, I'm happy to say the scarcity mainly means that my daughter and I are doing well with our pouches and have little reason to  be "takers" here. I know, of course, there is still a lot to "give" and I will try to frequent the site more often

I wanted to post this week because this year is my 10-year j-pouch anniversary and my daughter's 5-year j-pouch anniversary. Milestones are good, and hopefully are encouraging. She is 12 (almost 13) now, and I am, well... older than that. We agreed this past week that we are going to set February 3rd as our celebratory date, even though she got her pouch on Feb. 9th, and I got mine in July (sub-total colectomy on Feb. 15th, j-pouch creation in July).

Actually (and amazingly) February 3rd, 5 years to the day, she and I were admitted to the hospital, only to eventually leave without a colon. So we figured Feb. 3rd was the amazing day we had in common and that we could use for our celebration!

We plan to make a "special" cake for the celebration. I will make sure and post it here for you all to enjoy.

Steve

Last edited by ElmerFudd
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good news indeed, Steve! It must be so great seeing your daughter now in her teens and growing into a young woman. You get to have the "normal" parental concerns and dramas that this age brings! 

Fingers crossed that things continue on this path for you both. But even if you have some bumps in the road, you have your happy family to support each other (and us too). 

Jan

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.