Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Is it mostly watery or semi solid? I think you could possibly up your immodium some as well as spreading it out in the day such as 1 every 4 hours granted I'd check with your surgeon first.

Also if it's too watery are you eating foods that bulk you, such as white rice, potatoes, pretzels, bread, hard cheese, and etc?

Have you had a follow up with your surgeon yet, usually it's like 2-4 weeks after reversal. I don't think the first month was fun for anyone and the first few weeks is really rough, but hang in there it does get better, is it possible you arn't able to fully empty the pouch which is leading you to frequent visits which could be the case of a possible stricture which requires a dialation.

Last edited by Virdent

Hi John,

As you know my daughter is having the same issues as you, 20 or more BM´s a day after week 2 and not emptying all the way, plus leakage.  Please let me know if your surgeon checks for a stricture.  At our last visit a few days ago I asked the surgeon (not the surgeon that did the surgery) about stricture and he said it was too soon to have one.  Instead he put her on Flagyl even though he said it was too early for Pouchitis. Very frustrating, since it sounds pretty easy to check for stricture and seems reasonable to do before putting her on Flaygl which may not even be needed!  Now I´m thinking I shouldn´t have started her on it.

Also wanted you to know that they switched her from Imodium to Lomotil after I told them Imodium did absolutely nothing for her even at the highest dose.  She started it this morning, had less BMs so far and was able to get through an hour and a half lacrosse practice plus running without having to go or having the urge. Keeping my fingers crossed that the night is better too.  Something to think about if Imodium doesn´t work for you.

Good luck to you!

Glad to hear that John, hope it continues to get better for you!  Haven´t had a break for Lily yet.  They told me to up her dosage of Lomotil and also gave her a script for codine to take at night. She had a few times she slept 3 and 4 hours without having to get up so thats good.  I am trying to get it across to her about eating small meals throughout the day as well.  She has been going to school so it´s difficult, she would have to eat in class and don´t think she wants to do that.  We have literally tried every fiber and she seems to think it makes it worse, I don´t know, it´s frustrating.  I am confident it will get better for her too. At least she´s active and playing lacrosse, her spirits are much better since she´s getting back to life. I´m sure you feel the same!  Keep in touch.

So sorry to hear that John. Could it be your diet? Lily had a great day yesterday, from 24 to 10. Today 8 so far in 12 hours but I think after the good day yesterday she thinks she can eat any thing and I think that´s why she´s up again today. She ate a lot of things she probably shouldnt have, she doesn´t listen to her me! The other day I started giving her 2 Lomotil 4 times a day which is the max dose, maybe that´s why the improvement but she also snacked all day instead of eating just 3 times. Also on Flagyl so who knows. Going for a scope tomorrow morning, I´ll keep you posted.

Hope you have a better day! You´ll get there!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.