Skip to main content

Well I'm 2 weeks post takedown and I feel great! About 6 days after surgery I took a fly fishing trip up a rugged canyon in the Bighorn Mt. Range of Wyoming and managed to land a few nice brown trout. This past weekend I also went camping and riding 4 wheelers up in the mountains. I was leery to drink beer with the guys but managed to gulp down 3 with no negative effects! I have ran, jumped and jostled my pouch and to be honest feel the same as when I had my colon! Yesterday I made the 6 hr drive to Denver and only stopped once to use the restroom. Today at 3:15 the staples where my ostomy was were removed and the surgeon said everything looked good. He was a bit surprised when I told him I was only having 2-4 BMs a day and none at night Smiler Now if I can just remember the 10lb rule for the next 4 weeks I'll be good to go. Figured I would share my story to give future pouchers a little encouragement! Well take care all... I'm off to play with my son!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I know reading other success stories on this site helped ease my mind before takedown. I was still nervous going in though. I hope everything goes smoothly for yours! It seems like a lot of what you read on the Internet are problems but as others on this site have told me " the pouchers who have no problems are out living their lives not posting on support forums". Makes sense to me. I just figured I would post my good outcome because I know it helped me reading those good things too. My surgeon had told me that the success rate was like 90% or something which is really good. Good luck and make sure you get up and moving after surgery, it helps both mind and body!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.