Skip to main content

I had my 5 day transfer on Tuesday, its only two days later and I am going crazy thinking about this 2 week wait. I am trying to stay off the internet looking up all the early pregnancy signs..... I am also trying to stay positive but it seems like the next 12 days are going to really drag and take forever. Please, need some advice from someone that has been through this....
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Turn your computer off. Go out for lots of romantic dinners, see lots of movies, stay busy. This is truly the hardest part ofthe process. I did not do home pregnancy tests with either of mine and I recommend that you don't. Since you are looking so early in the process they just aren't completely reliable.

Remember if you were doing this the old fashioned way you wouldn't know anything yet.
Oh Thanks ladies so much! Need a few prayers to keep my tears away. I got the news this morning that test was totally negative Confused
My husband is trying to be supportive and just says don't worry we will try again. I just don't know if I can emotional do this all over again. And of course my thinking is this - all my bloodwork, all my tests, retrieval and transfer were all great. So it came down to implantation. Three (dr said perfect embies) and not one of them implanted. I just don't understand and if I do this again why would things be any different.
Just not sure what I want to do......
Hi MsSter

I just wanted to let you know my experience as it might give you some hope. I had a 5day fresh transfer back in June. Conditions were perfect, the blasto looked amazing and being 29, all the team were adamant it would work. Well it didn't and we were gutted. I never thought it would work anyway as my body has always let me down.

We picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves off and decided to try again. I'm very impatient and wanted to start straight away. We had a frozen 6 day embryo transferred last month (given a 23% chance of success) and I found out I was pregnant on Friday! IVF is an emotional train wreck but pls don't give up. We agreed we would do 3 fresh cycles and however many frozen happen to come with that. If we didn't get pregnant by then, we would explore adoption. I would add that the first clinic we were referred to refused me for IVF as too high risk and unlikely to work, so ha to them! I really hope you can give this another shot.
Best wishes

Sarah
xoxox

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.