Skip to main content

Hey all,

I'm coming up on my 10 year pouch soon and just wanted to say this forum proved to be a major help in my life. Thanks all for being there when questions come up and to check for answers. Here's the tineline..

Spring 2004 - Emergency Subtotal Colectomy with Ileostomy less than 3 months after getting married!  (I did not know I had IBD, surprise! In sickness and health!)

Spring/Summer 2005 - 2-Step pouch. Pouch creation with loop ileostomy. Then Pouch takedown.  Cedars-Sinai, Beverly Hills... West LA. 

2008-10 - Symptoms and official Diagnoses of CROHN'S ... wah wah wahhhh.... everyone was sure I had UC.  

2015- Living with Crohns and a pouch. Pouchitis about 3-4 times a year. Crohn's under control at the moment with Cimzia.  Humira failed. First year without a course of prednisone in a few years. That's a plus. Still can't sleep all night though.  :/  

So yes, I'm still learning to live, psychologically (toilet locations, cramps, anxiety/urgency), and physically (Crohn's, pouchitis) with my pouch.

I feel optimistic. Keeping my head up. I can eat most things, I have a career, family, I can do 90% of anything I want to do, I am a 3-year old father!! I flared up right after his birth! Hah. Life is good though. God is good. IBD can only make me stronger with the right attitude. 

Thanks all,

Ian

Last edited by ian337
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Ian...congrats!!!!  mine has been 26 years...and I had a great 20 years!!! no problems up to 6 years ago...so yes, God is good!!! Stay strong ..enjoy being a daddy.  I became a "Nana" 2 years ago...she is a firecracker...my grandaughter is tiny but packs a punch!  My mom says she takes after me..I just pray she didn't get my medical genes (right!) Best of life to ya.

Patti

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.