Skip to main content

So now that I have reached the post one year mark, I am still going a lot more than expected (10-12) but I live with it ok. Something happened this morning, that made me wonder if I am alright as I think. I know most of us discuss details frequently but I will try to use decorum. When I feel the urge to go #1, I usually pass gas and empty my jpouch then go #1. Today, for the first time in almost 2 years, colectomy 7/2015, I went only #1....no gas no #2. When this happened after takedown,  I assumed it was either still inflamed or the nature of my new normal. But is this how it is for most of yall? Or do I need to see someone about this?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been thinking for a while that peeing without pooping is far more useful for us than may seem obvious. I also think it takes practice and attention, at least for me, and might significantly reduce the frequency of BMs for some. Here's something I wrote a while back on the subject: 

https://www.j-pouch.org/topic/p...2#434913817490905942

I can't quite tell for sure if this is related to your issue, Sharon, and the "standing up" part really isn't my point at all. Good luck!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.