I do hope you're going to feel peaceful with whatever you decide Nick. This forum has resulted in a mix of thoughts, medical information, as well as personal advice. It's a tough decision but it is your decision to make in consultation with your doctor. I hope we haven't made it more complicated.
My husband has opted to go ahead and have the biopsy but he hasn't decided on any particular course of action he would take should it be a cancer diagnosis. It sure isn't straightforward is it? Hopefully you'll let us know what you decide but I can sure understand if you choose not to!
Take care all.