Thanks for the replies everyone. At this point, I'm still waiting to see my GI to take the next step up in medicines (remicade or humira) and I have an appointment set up at the CC in October. I plan on going on the biologics and seeing if it gets me out of this flare and off steroids. Even if it does, I'm keeping the CC appointment and the option of surgery on the table. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in the biologics keeping me in remission for long term and would prefer to have the surgery at a time when its preventative instead of necessary.