Skip to main content

Reply to "my YouTube clip"

Dixie honey, I've heard this before. I asked Dr Cohen why, according to him, there are several factors. Some people have larger bowels, some have major adhesions, we all have different musculature, we all react differently to surgery, body size can be an issue too. I guess there's a ton a factors. Dr Cohen told me my small bowel is exceptionally narrow (he claims often, GI patients, as they grow internally, can be drastically effected by flaring as a child, and I flared a lot). Apparently, I also had a ton of adhesions both inside and outside at the end of my bowel where it once attached to my j pouch, probably from the multiple surgeries and the constant pouchitis. He actually removed about another foot of small bowel because of it. If there's one thing I've learned, when it comes to GI issues, we are all so very different, identical outcomes seem rare. Look at us, 99% of all j pouchers live their entire life problem free, leaving only the 1% of us to endure chronic pouchitis. Better still, according the the Harvard Medical School stats, only a mere 1% of that 1% need to have the j pouch removed, you and I are just that special! I pray you're feeling good honey,

Big hugs,
Eric Big Grin
Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×