Jpouch prolapse

I have had my Jpouch now for 10 years. My Jpouch started prolapsing about a year ago.  It only happens about 2 to 3 times a month. I have to push it back up. I recently had one where it kept on coming out to where I was terrified  because I really struggled to get it back up.  I decided to call my Dr at the Mayo Clinic. They want to see me to do some tests in December.  At first I was all for this but  now I am struggling with the idea. I live 900 miles away from the Mayo and I would have to drive through snow the whole way. 

My question is, do you all think its worth it and this is something I should do right away or do you think it would be ok to wait.? I just feel like it may be a waste of time and that my situation may not be bad enough to go. 

Original Post

Angela, I think it might depend on what you'd like to wait for. If you're asking about waiting for better driving weather that might make sense, though your near-emergency suggests that time isn't really on your side. A prolapse won't improve on its own, and you've described a situation that really does need to get fixed. Is there any chance you could fly instead of drive? 900 miles is a heck of a drive.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright © 2015 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×