Skip to main content

Hi,

I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first baby, I have been having braxton hicks since 18 weeks, but they have really increased lately, up to 30 to 40 a day. The drs. Think they may be due to scar tissue and adhesions. They don't seem to be progressing to pre term labor, but I do find them to be very scary when they really pick up.Has anyone else experienced this?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My first pregnancy I had no BH contractions but had tons of stretching pains and tearing feelings due to the scar tissue. I was classified as level 2 high risk so I have to see a high risk here in my area and the super high risk guy in San Francisco a couple hours away. I was told that generally about 50% of women with Jpouches will have their baby 2-3 weeks early due to all the scar tissue and about 10% will go between 32-35 weeks. It was decided that after 32 weeks I get twice a week NST, weekly ultrasounds with growth and fluid monitoring and cervical checks. They said if I am prepping early or if the baby hits scar tissue and runs out of space they want to know well in advance. That said I was able to make it full term with the first, this time i'm having TONS of braxton hicks and several sets of timeable contractions but was assured by the nurses that they see plenty of women have large amounts of contractions still go full term. I am holding steady at 34 weeks right now and hope to make it all the way but we are well prepared in case I don't. Hope your doing well still and I will think good thoughts for the baby to stay and grow for you!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.