Skip to main content

is this normal in the early days?

I've been straining quite a bit, even straining unvoluntarily, and get the feeling that I didn't fully empty.

anyway today I tried using a squatty potty, wow what a difference its made. I now find with squatting that I have a first wave that comes out straight away. I then get up walk around the bathroom, two minutes later the second and final wave comes and I feel empty with no straining.

only thing that bothers me now is a bit of urgency from gas and still quite high frequency but im aware that's normal so im feeling like I've turned a corner with the squatting

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sadly straining started for me around the same time and I am almost a year from takedown and I still strain every single time I go to the bathroom. I really hope it does not cause other problems for me. I have hemorrhoids and fissures and they hurt a lot. The weird thing is that I am not constipated at all and I try to relax but something makes me not able to. 

I hope you figure out your straining problem! 

A lot of my friends (we are over 70 years old) have installed high-rise toilets in their homes for ease of standing up after using them.  I hate them because I do so much better emptying when sitting (closer to a squat) on a low-rise (regular) toilet.  For that reason alone, I'll never install a high rise toilet in my home.  I have installed grab bars and they serve the purpose of helping those of us who need help standing!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.