Skip to main content

Hey everybody, this is my first post on this site.  I am in a loss. One year ago I had the surgery to remove the colan and have the Jpouch installed.  I was under the impression that after a 2 month period my bathroom habits would improve from mid 20's to 5 or 6.  Much to my dismay I have had no improvements and the advise I am given is more masking drugs and be patient.  I am now 1 year into the life changing surgery however I have had no life change.  I am asking for any help, suggestions, or any other comments that might change my course to a true life changing event.  Thanks Rob   

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Compared to me you're in pretty bad shape Rob.  I've had my pouch for over 20 years. It's been nothing but hell but your's sounds even worse.  I do believe there's a chance of yours getting better but it's kind of like wishing for a rookie who can't even hit. 200 his first few years to become a .300 hitter. Best thing you can do is stick with safe type of diet such as rice, peanut butter and other starchy type foods.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.